where I was from (& weekend links)

Friday, August 2, 2013

SUMMER! Somehow it's already August. Go out and enjoy the weekend! I'm moving into a new apartment on Saturday (awesome, but also not so awesome), and then having a daytime party at the beach on Sunday. In other news, I am loving these quirky, seasonally-minded product shots from vintage webstore Where I Was From.

















ps// required weekend reading:

⌇George Saunders' stunning commencement speech centered mostly on the idea of kindness for the Syracuse Class of 2013 really made my morning. "And someday, in 80 years, when you’re 100, and I’m 134, and we’re both so kind and loving we’re nearly unbearable, drop me a line, let me know how your life has been. I hope you will say: It has been so wonderful." Read the whole thing here.

⌇Two best friends with divergent - but similarly concerning - dating issues decide to date each other for 40 days straight. 26 days in, the results so far are fascinating and illuminating (bonus points for really enjoyable graphic design elements - the daters in question are in the 'biz).

⌇Rookie Mag features the so-sweet photos of a roadtrip taken through the Sierra Mountains by two best friends. It has me itching to hit the road and see all of the things.

⌇Just this weekend, without having heard any buzz whatsoever, I was talking about how I so wished Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros would come out with new music soon. I am pretty sure I manifested their new album into existence. Cool. Listen here!

⌇Two currently-out documentaries are on my must-see list. The trailers for Blackfish and The Act of Killing are intriguing to say the least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

⌇DISCREET CHARMS⌇ All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger